1) Sign up to your free Data Studio account
Simply visit the Data Studio product page and click on the Sign Up For Free button
2) Configure the Adwords data sources where your data will be retrieved
- Data Studio (DS) will retrieve your Adwords data directly from Adwords and not from Adalysis.
- DS uses a data source to connect to an Adwords account.
- A data source represents one Adwords account or one MCC.
- A data source is configured only once. It can then be used by multiple future reports.
Please follow the steps below to configure all the data sources you need for all future reports
Step 1 - Go to the Data Source screen and initiate creating the data source(s)
Step 2 - Grant Data Studio access permission to your AdWords account
Step 3 - Create all the data sources that you will need access to in the future
## IMPORTANT ##
There are 2 types of Adwords data sources; one type for an individual Adwords account, and another type for an MCC account (with one or more individual accounts within). Adalysis provides reports for both types of data sources. Hence, please set up both types of data sources as described below in 3.1 and 3.2.
3.1 Creating a data source for individual accounts
You will need to create a data source for each individual account that you need to see reporting data for. For example, in the below, we should create a data source for the "German Timezone" account and another one for "American Timezone", and another for "Discovery Account", etc.
3.2 Creating a data source for an MCC account
While Data Studio can provide MCC-level reports covering multiple accounts within the MCC, it can only show cost related data (e.g. CPC, Conv. value, etc.) if all the accounts within the MCC use the same currency.
There are 2 types of MCC data sources you can create:
Type1: Single-currency MCC Data Source: all accounts selected in this data source use the same currency and hence Data Studio can show cost related data. Adalysis will provide you with MCC single-currency reports so please create this data source if applicable.
Type2: Multi-currency MCC Data Source: the accounts in this data source use various currencies and hence no cost related data can be shown in the report. Adalysis will also provide you with MCC multi-currency reports to allow you to monitor accounts with different currencies using one report.
How to go about creating the MCC Data Sources
If all the accounts in your MCC use the same currency, please create a single-currency MCC Data Source.
However, if the accounts in your MCC use different currencies, then please do the following:
- If you do not want to see cost related data, please create one multi-currency data source. (Tip: name your data source with an easy to recognize name e.g. MCC-<MCCName>-MultiCurrency)
- If you want to see cost related data in your MCC report, you will need to create a single-currency MCC data source. You can create one single-currency data source for each currency you have.