Adalysis allows you to automate the handling of loser ads in single-adgroup testing.
If automatic pausing is enabled for an adgroup, Adalysis will monitor the automated daily single-adgroup tests and, if it detects a test result that meets your conditions, it will pause the loser ad. Automatic pausing can be enabled for each adgroup separately.
N.B. Automatic pausing can currently be used for single-adgroup tests only.
How to Enable the Automatic Pausing
First, select the adgroups you want to enable auto-pause for and click on the Loser Ad Auto Pause Settings button. Choose Enable option to enable auto-pause for the selected adgroups. Use the Disable option to disable auto-pause for the selected adgroups (if already enabled).
Now, you will need to define the setting for the pause.
1) Select the minimum number of active ads you want to keep running in the adgroup after the loser ad is paused. If the minimum is reached, auto-pause will not run even if it is enabled. For example, if you select 2, then Adalysis will ensure there are always a minimum of 2 ads and will not auto-pause any of them.
2) You can choose for auto-pause to run based on the losing metric. For example, if you select metric = CTR, then auto-pause will run only for test results that have a loser in the CTR metric. Please note: If no specific metric is chosen (i.e. metric = Any Metric), a loser ad will be paused only if it loses in one metric without simultaneously being a winner in a different one.
3) In advanced settings you can define which level of statistical significance you want to achieve before considering the test result valid and pausing your loser ads. In addition, you can define the minimum date range for running the test.
N.B.: these settings are separate from your test thresholds. Thresholds determine whether or not a test result should be generated. The auto-pause settings apply to the test result after it's generated.
4) You can also choose to specify any minimum performance a loser ad must meet before it becomes eligible for auto-pause.
5) You may want to ignore Responsive Search Ads (RSAs) and only pause Expanded Search Ads (ETAs).
6) By default, you’ll be notified when any of your loser ads are paused. You can opt-out of these emails by selecting the checkbox.
How to See Adgroups that Used Auto-Pause in the Past
Every time a loser ad is paused (either by you or auto-pause), a copy of the test result will be archived in the Archived Test Results screen together with the date of pausing.
The column Loser Ad Paused Automatically? will indicate whether or not the loser ad was paused by auto-pause.
By clicking on the Archived date, you’ll see the results of the test as well as which ads were paused.