There are times when you need to change the match type of tens, hundreds, or even thousands of keywords at once. For example, you notice that your phrase match keywords due to recent Google changes have started to trigger a lot of irrelevant search queries, and you decide to change them to the exact match type.
In Adalysis, you can do this with a single click.
1. First, in the Keywords screen, choose keywords you want to apply these changes to. Use the filter to quickly select keywords of a certain match type, running in a specific campaign, or meeting other criteria.
2. Then, under the Tools menu, select Change keyword match type.
3. Now, select the new match type for selected keywords.
4. By default, the original keyword will not be changed. However, you may choose to pause or delete it, if you want.
5. To avoid problems with duplicate keywords, use the advanced feature Skip creating the new keyword if it already exists in the campaign. If you check this option, the tool will scan your entire campaign and won’t create a new keyword with the new match type if it already exists in other ad groups.