Although there are almost 90 default alerts available in Adalysis, there might be times when you want to create your own set of conditions to monitor.
For example, you may want to create a custom alert that will show all the keywords with CPC or CPA above your target value or adgroups with significantly higher ROAS than other adgroups in the campaign.
There are two places where how you can create custom alerts; either with the Audit Settings screen or by creating a filter. Both approaches work in identical ways and create the exact same alert.
1. Creating custom alerts via the Audit Settings.
1. At the top of your screen, locate the Audit Settings section.
2. Decide, what kind of Google Ads entities (campaigns, ad groups, ads, etc.) you want to monitor with your custom alerts and click on the gear icon next to its title.
3. Click on the button Add new alert condition.
4. Type in the title of your future alert and select the date range and the necessary conditions you want to monitor.
5. Click on the Save button.
Before saving your custom alert, you will be asked to choose if you want to enable this alert for the current account only or any other accounts of your choice.
You will also have the option to choose one or more automatic actions to be performed whenever the alert is triggered. The set of actions available will depend on which entity you're setting up the alert for. For example, for keywords you will have the following options of actions that can be automatically performed whenever keywords are found to match your custom alert condition:
2. Creating custom alerts using filters
- Choose the section where you want to trigger your custom alert (e.g. you can set alerts at the campaign level in the Campaigns section, at the search term level in the Search terms section, etc.)
- In the Filters menu, click on Create filter...
- Define the filter using your own criteria.
- On the right, select the date range you want to apply your filter to.
- Click on the Save button
That's it! From now on, you will now be notified on your Adalysis dashboard (Custom Alerts column) every time the data updates and there is a match meeting your custom criteria.